Search This Blog

Monday 9 April 2012

Crowdsource - Spring Flowers Collection - PWP Product



I've been wanting to capture the scent of daffodils in a fragrance for a while now and the project has proved quite difficult - over a year after I started the research, I'm finally satisfied that I've got it right: the key test was when I presented my Mum with a tester of the fragrance and a vase of fresh daffodils for comparison - she pronounced them a match! 

It required careful analysis of the scent of the real flower to determine the right ingredients - just one of which is the lovely but horribly expensive narcissus absolute - which also gives Crowdsource it's colour. The fragrance is a sweet, rich, feminine floral, with an animal undertone that makes it instantly wearable and very suited to evening. 

The unusual name comes from a combination of the modern concept of crowdsourcing - rather the inverse of the way most of my own creative work is done, which is rather lonely - and, speaking of lonely, that excerpt from perhaps the best know poem by Wordsworth:

When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


If you have bought or sampled this product and would like to comment on it pleased do so here.

1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of sampling Crowdsource yesterday - what a gorgeous and true rendition of daffodils and a perfect perfume for spring, love it

    ReplyDelete